Friday, May 3, 2013

Blog Every Day in May: Day 3

Things that make you uncomfortable.

Oh goodness, where do we begin? Shall I make you a list? Actually, as I was thinking of things that make me uncomfortable I realized I don't have that long a list. Generally, most things I get over pretty quickly, however, here's a list that leaves me cringing or blushing...or both.
  1. People who leave the bathroom door open when on the toilet, showering, etc. Let's include people walking around naked AFTER the shower also. I don't care if you're my mom, my aunt, my grandma, my sister, or my BFF, there's just some things I'd rather not share. I don't need to have a conversation with you with your pants halfway down to your ankles; nothing, and I repeat NOTHING, is that important. Not even the house being on fire.

  2. Leaving messages. Yes I know it makes no sense, the person isn't even listening to you at that precise moment, but I hate leaving messages. I feel awkward and un-intelligible and manage to leave messages filled with pauses long enough to where I am sure the person thought I hung up. I just don't like it. Period. Following that I also find calling people I have never spoken to on the phone before extremely uncomfortable, in which case, I hope to god I get their voicemail. Yes, let's slide calling strangers up top to numero uno. I'm awkward, un-intelligible, and to top it off I ramble incoherently. Yes, I am a real winner on the phone.

  3. Hair. Let me be more specific, random hair. I don't know what else to say but finding random hairs which I can guarantee are not mine make me cringe, skeeve me out and make me all around gag. I blame this on living alone...maybe. There's just something about finding someone else's hair in your shower, on your sink, a stray hair alone on a chair pillow. Hey, people are hairy, I know this, people in MY family are really hairy, it doesn't change the fact that I get uncomfortable after someone else uses my shower. Yes I inspect it, yes I rinse it down to make sure there is nothing there before I get in. OCD? Maybe. But it just weirds me out.
Yes, there are a lot of things in this world that can make someone uncomfortable, but these just top my list at the moment. What makes you uncomfortable?


No comments:

Post a Comment