Sunday, May 19, 2013

Blog Every Day in May: Day 17

A favorite photo of yourself and why.



I wish I had more pictures on my laptop that were older than a few days. I haven't transferred much on here. There is this one picture though, I took of with my camera phone. My grandma was going through mountains of pictures and gave me a pile of ones of myself and family from long ago. I think I was maybe 3 or 4 here and my grandpa was teaching me how to play chess. Growing up my grandpa and I always played games, lots of different ones, ones like chess and ones we made up, intricate ones that could last all day. We played the silent game, we could go HOURS playing the silent game, we even managed an entire day in NYC and a NYV cab ride in complete silence, my grandma had to write the cab driver a note on where to take us, even the cabbie thought we couldn't understand him! Chess, though, chess taught me how to think, even at 3 years old my grandpa thought I was smart and he always challenged me to be the best I could, and to think things through, make wise decisions and to be creative. I loved spending time with my grandpa. I still do, the furniture has changed but we still sit in the same spot at the dinner table and talk.

Do you have a favorite photo of yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment