Saturday, February 23, 2013

Sedona Lace Brushes

Sedona Lace Brushes

In November on Black Friday Sedona Lace had an amazing 50% off store wide sale. Unfortunately, unbeknownst to them they ended up getting probably 100 times their regular orders and ended up running out of pretty much their entire brush. It was an extremely frustrating ordeal, people who ordered early weren't getting their orders and people who ordered late were getting their's, all in all it was not handled very well in my opinion. However, Sedona Lace did honor their sale price for those of us whose orders got cancelled due to stock running out and not knowing how soon it would be in. Well, the brush set's finally came in at the end of January, and while I was frustrated with the whole ordeal I decided I wasn't going to deny myself new brushes! So I ordered the seven piece synthetic midnight set, two different types of blending brushes and a crease brush. Once that order went through I received my shipment very fast! So I do highly recommend them at non-sale times. ;-) I do also think they learned a lot from the Black Friday sale for next year. Some people might write them off completely because of the whole ordeal, but seeing as they are a new company I know we all sometimes make mistakes! And as long as you honor your customer and fix your mistakes I will give you a second chance. And I am glad I did because I LOVE these brushes.

Blending Brush- Now I thought this would be my favorite, and I do like it a lot, but the crease brush stole that spot. This is a great blender though, it's a little stiffer I think than say Sigma or MAC, but I think just as good. Does a great job blending outer edges of the crease and in between colors. I snagged two of them.

Sells for $8.95.



Blending Brush- EB 09


Blending Brush- EB 09

Crease Brush- My FAVORITE by far, It is a rounded brush that comes to a tapered point at the end. Now, I don't have huge eyes or a ton of eye space, so sometimes I find brushes just too big for what I want to do, which is why I love this brush, it gets right into the crease and deposits color right where I want it. Great for doing cut creases. I think I bought two or three of these I just loved the first one so much, and the brush hairs are just stiff enough to keep their shape, but they are soft on the eye. The only problem I have seen with these is some don't seem *quite* as pointed as other.

Sells for $8.95.



Crease Brush- EB 15 (my favorite!)

Crease Brush- EB 15

Synthetic Blending Brush- I haven't had the chance to use this one as much. It's a bit bigger than a regular blending brush, the bristles are soft and I can see using this when you're trying to blend things out, a bit softer or up into the brow bone. The size and shape remind me a bit of my Sigma E40 tapered blending brush, which is softer and fluffier than a regular blending brush.

Sells for $8.95.

Synthetic Blender- EB 13

Synthetic Blending Brush- EB 13

Seven Piece Midnight Synthetic Brush Set- This is a great set, including: the Synthetic Small Flat Top - 872, Synthetic Small Round - 312, Synthetic Small Angle - 773, Synthetic Small Tapered - 224, Synthetic Small Round Flat - 847, Synthetic Small Round Dome - 217, Synthetic Small Angled Flat - 618. Now, I am not sure if these are supposed to be for the eyes, personally, I find them a bit big for my eyes but have found them to be amazing as face brushes surprisingly! They are a bit bigger than the average brush size but smaller than the average face brush. I use mineral foundations and these brushes are great for buffing in powder, they get around the nose, under the eyes and in spots larger brushes don't fit. Plus I find I have more coverage control with a smaller brush. When I got them I was hoping they would work well for cream shadows and such, but the bristles(for me) actually seem a bit too soft and when I tried picking up something like a Maybelline Color Tattoo, it just wasn't grabbing product, but I think it could work well with a creamier product, perhaps a liquid concealer, or a softer cream shadow. I really love this set and can see why it's getting great reviews, I actually chose it hoping it would be similar to Sigma's precision brushes, and having a couple of those I would say they aren't quite the same, but definitely in the ballpark. Plus who doesn't love a set of pink and black brushes! ;-)

Sells for $59.95.

Seven Piece Midnight Synthetic Brush Set

Seven Piece Midnight Synthetic Brush Set

Overall, I definitely recommend checking out Sedona Lace for their brushes, as well, they also sell the standard eyeshadow palettes, such as the 120's, gel eyeliners and other cosmetics. Their complete Vortex Brush set has gotten a lot of great reviews so if you are looking for a starter set giving you a range of brushes I would definitely recommend checking them out. The pricing is quite good for the quality. I'm not going to necessarily compare them to MAC or even Sigma, because they are different, but I definitely reach for them just as much if not more than my more expensive brushes. I will update more after I have washed them a bit...which, speaking of washing, I will be washing my brushes next and reviewing my Enkore Brush Soap next! I actually can't wait to wash my brushes, it smells HEAVENLY!! 

Sedona Lace Brushes Rating: A
Sedona Lace Customer Service: A (I did not have the BEST experience at first, but they did rectify the situation, which I think shows putting the customers first.)

Thanks for reading and Remember to Stay Beautifully You!

**Note- Apologies for the less than stellar photographs, both my point and shoot and DSLR have decided to breakdown on me simultaneously, so I had to use my Samsung Galaxy S3 camera phone.**


Disclaimer: All products were bought by All Kinds of Beauty for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment